In 2002, Audi models started to follow a more streamlined maintenance plan overall, though still with some variations for each model. This maintenance schedule more closely resembles the Audi service plan used on newer models from 2003 to the present.
Audi Service for 2002-03 Models at 10,000 Miles
This service is the most basic service your Audi will receive. You will need to repeat it every 20,000 miles.
- Change the oil and oil filter,
- Check cooling system levels,
- Check exhaust system levels,
- Check on-board diagnostics and clear faults,
- Lubricate door hinges,
- Check battery levels,
- Check wipers and add wiper fluid if necessary,
- Check Auto-shift lock,
- Check tire condition and pressure,
- Check shift and interlock on manual transmissions,
- Check brake system,
- Check drive shaft boots,
- Reset system indicators,
- Check lights,
- Perform a road test.
Audi Service for 2002-03 Models at 20,000 Miles
At 20,000 miles, you'll need to perform a more expansive check-list at your Audi service appointment. This checklist will need to be repeated every subsequent 40,000 miles. It includes all of the items from the 10,000 mile check list as well as the following:
- Check engine for leaks,
- Check dust seals, ball joints, tie rod ends on the front axle,
- Check transmission for leaks,
- Replace dust and pollen filter,
- Inspect headlights, and
- Clean and lubricate sliding roof rails.
Audi Service for 2002-03 Models at 40,000 Miles
At 40,000 miles, you're Audi will undergo the most extensive check-list in your Audi service schedule. This checklist will need to be repeated every subsequent 40,000 miles. It includes all of the items from the 10,000 mile check, the additions from the 20,000 mile check, and the following:
- Change ATF in the multitronic transmission,
- Check power steering fluid,
- Replace air cleaner filter,
- Replace spark plugs, and
- Inspect the timing belt.
Audi Service for 2002-03 Models at 105,000 Miles
At 105,000 miles, your Audi will need just a few service tasks performed, but not an entire check list. Service at 105,000 miles only has just a couple of tasks and only applies to certain models:
- In the 1.8T and 3.0L, check the ribbed belt and replace the timing belt.
- In the 1.8L engine, replace the timing belt and tension roller.