In 2010, the Audi Maintenance Schedule made several large changes getting further away from the more uniform Audi service schedule of for 2009 and earlier model years. For Audi vehicles made between 2010 and 2013, please use the service schedule included below. For other model years, see our other guides.
Audi Maintenance at 5,000 Miles
This Audi maintenance task list will first be used at 5,000 miles and then again every 20,000 miles for your service appointment. Other service intervals will build upon this list.
- Change engine oil and oil filter,
- check for tires, including spare, for wear, pressure and damage. Reset Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS),
- Check wiper blade condition and replace if necessary,
- Check windshield wipers, washers, and headlight washers' adjustment and function; add fluid if necessary,
- Check brake system for damage, leaks, pad thickness, fluid level, and
- Reset Service Reminder display.
During the 5,000 mile service only, you'll also want to rotate your tires.
Model Specific Maintenance:
- For the 2010-2013 Audi Q7 3.0L TDI and the 2013 A8 3.0L TDI only, fill AdBlue Fluid completely with fresh fluid (maximum capacity: 23 liters) and adapt learned values for AdBlue tank under guided fault finding after filling fluid.
- Diesel Particle Filter: In the US at 125,000 miles for the Q7 3.0L TDI and A3 2.0L TDI only, and in Canada at 205,000 KM for the Q7 3.0L TDI and A3 2.0L TDI only, check ash loading according to manufacturer’s work procedure and replace if necessary. For 2013 vehicles, this applies to the A8 3.0L TDI.
Audi Maintenance at 15,000, Miles
This task list will be performed at 15,000 miles and every subsequent 40,000 mile interval. At this secondary service interval, you'll need to complete the task list from the 5,000 mile service as well as the following:
- Check cooling system level, add if necessary,
- Check engine compartment for leaks,
- Check battery terminals (no corrosion), housing, and no damage; replace if necessary; check the acid level of battery only if the level can be seen through the housing and fill if necessary (except for the 2013 Q5 hybrid),
- Replace the dust and pollen filters,
- At 55,000 miles only, replace spark plugs* (Please note exceptions below),
- At 55,000 miles only, replace air filter and clean housing** (Please note exceptions below),
- Remove cover for plenum panel to check water drain and clean if necessary (Except 2010 A3 and Audi Q5),
- Check tires for wear, pressure and damage; check renewal date of tire repair set (where applicable), then reset Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS),
- Check front and rear lighting,
- Check horn,
- Check exhaust system for damage, leaks,
- Check drive shaft boots,
- Check front and rear axle for excessive play, check dust seals on ball joints and tie rod ends,
- Check transmission and final drive, as well as underbody, for leaks, and
- Perform a road test.
*2010 Exceptions: A4, A5 and TTS with 2.0L TFSI engine; 2011 Exceptions: A4, A5, Q5, TT and TTS with 2.0L TFSI engine; 2012 Exceptions: except A4, A5, A6, Q5, TT and TTS with 2.0L TFSI and A8 W12 engine 2013 Exceptions: A4 2.0L TFSI, A5 2.0L TFSI, A5 Cabriolet, allroad, A6 2.0L TFSI, Q5 2.0L TFSI, Q5 hybrid, TT, TTS, TT RS, A8 W12, all vehicles with 2.0L TFSI Flex Fuel engines, and all vehicles with 4.0L V8 TFSI engines. For the 2013 RS 5 only, complete at all mileages included in this service interval.
**2010 Exceptions: Audi Q7 4.2L; 2012 Exceptions: TTS and TT RS; 2013 Exceptions: S6, S7, A8 3.0L V6 TDI, A8 3.0L V6 TFSI, A8 4.0L V8 TFSI, TTS and TT RS
Model Specific Maintenance:
- 2013 Q5 Hybrid only: Check small (12-volt) Side Battery in the trunk compartment on left side for clean terminals (no corrosion), properly mounted housing and no damage; replace if necessary.
- For 2011 A3, A6, S6, and A8, as well as 2013 flex fuel vehicles only, check fault memory in Engine On-Board Diagnostics.
- For the 2010 R8 and 2011-2012 R8 and R8 Spyder, as well as the 2013 R8 Coupe, R8 Spyder only check the Ribbed V Belt and Tensioner condition and replace if necessary.
- For 2012 Q7, A6 and A7 with 3.0L V6 TFSI: At 55,000 miles, replace the front V belt for the compressor drive.
- For 2010 and 2011 A4, S4, A5, S5 and A6 only, clean the snow screen for the air filter. This also applies to 2012 A4, S4, A5, S5 and Q5.
- In the 2010 Audi Q7 3.0L TDI only, remove water from the fuel filter. For the 2010 A3 2.0L TDI, 2011-2012 A3 2.0L TDI and Audi Q7 3.0L TDI only, replace it.
- For 2010 A8 only, lubricate doors and rear lid hinges, check straps and hood latch. For the 2011 Audi Q7, A3, A6, S6, TT, TTS, R8 and R8 Spyder, as well as the 2012 Q7, A3, TT, TTS, R8 and R8 Spyder only, lubricate door hinges and straps. For 2012 R8, R8 Spyder, TT, TTS and TT RS only, also lubricate the hood lid hinges.
Audi Maintenance at 35,000, 75,000, and 115,000 Miles
At this stage your 2010-2012 Audi will experience its most comprehensive service appointment yet. This Audi maintenance interval will include all of the elements of the 15,000 mile service as well as the following:
- Check power steering fluid and add if necessary,
- Replace air filter and clean housing*,
- Check all interior lights,
- Lubricate door hinges, straps, locks and hood latch,
- Check brake disc thickness, and
- Chang ATF for Continuously Variable Transmission (multitronic).
*For 2010 models, this only applies to the Audi Q7 4.2L. For 2011, all models at 115,000 miles only. For 2012, at 35,000 and 75,000 miles for the TTS and TT RS only and at 115,000 miles for all vehicles.
Model Specific Maintenance:
- Replace spark plugs for: 2010 A4, A5 and TTS with 2.0L TFSI; 2011-2012 A4, A5, Q5, TT and TTS with 2.0L TFSI; and the 2012 A8 W12 engine only.
- Check ribbed v belt and tensioner condition and replace if necessary for 2010-11 Q7 3.6L 2010-12 R8, and 2011-12 R8 Spyders.
- Check the ribbed v belt condition, and replace if necessary as well as check tension of belt drive with manual tensioner and retension if necessary on 2010-11 V6 FSI, V6 TFSI (rear belt), 2.0L TFSI, 5.2L V10 FSI, 4.2L V8 FSI and 2012 : TT RS, V6 FSI, 3.0L V6 TFSI (rear belt), 2.0L TFSI, 5.2L V10 FSI, 4.2L V8 FSI at 75,000 miles only.
- Replace only the V belt for the compressor drive at 75,000 miles for the 2010-11 3.0L TFSI and 2012 front belt on the S4 and S5 with the 3.0L V6 TFSI only. You'll also need to do this at 115,000 miles for the 2012 front belt on the Q7, A6 and A7 with 3.0L V6 TFS.
- Clean the snow screen on the air filter for all 2010-12 A4, S4, A5, S5 and A6.
- For 2010-12 A3, S4, SS and TT and 2011-12 TTS, and S5 with S tronic only, change oil in the Haldex clutch and the DSG and replace the oil filter in the DSG.
Maintenance Regardless of Mileage and Other Specifications:
- Timing Belts should be replaced at 110K miles (175,000 km) on TTS or 130K miles (205,000 km) on A3 2.0L TDI only.
- Replace brake fluid every 2 years regardless of mileage.
- Check cloth top function and rollover protection every 2 years regardless of mileage (A5/S5 Cabriolet, R8 Spyder only)
- Replace AdBlue Fluid every 4 years regardless of miles/kilometers only if AdBlue has not been filled within the last 4 years (Q7 3.0L TDI only)
- Check Crash Active Headrest function every 2 years regardless of miles/kilometers (A8 only).